21-Day Barrier Spray Facts:
- Our Barrier Spray kills mosquitoes for 21 days. The spray kills adult mosquitoes, fleas and ticks immediately. The spray stays on your foliage and continues to kill pests for 21 days.
- The residual effect of our 21-Day Barrier Spray will kill pests as they feed or breed and kill pests from surrounding properties that stop to rest on your vegetation. It is possible that mosquitoes can come into your yard and not land on a treated area and bite; however, mosquito population will be tremendously reduced.
- While Mosquito Platoon cannot offer 100% protection from every mosquito, flea and tick, you should notice an enormous reduction of 85%-90% in the mosquito and tick population in your yard. If you don’t experience this reduction and are not satisfied, you can get a refund based on our 100% satisfaction guarantee pledge.
- Most treatments are completed in 20 minutes.
- Family and pets can safely return to the yard 30 minutes after treatment.
- Rain and water should not affect the dried 21-Day Barrier Spray, if you feel a heavy rainfall has affected the performance, contact Mosquito Platoon for another application.
- There are no offensive odors or lingering residues.
- No one is needed to be home at the time of the application of your 21-Day barrier Spray.
- Our 21-Day Barrier Treatment is broad spectrum pyrethroid that controls an array of pests that infest areas around the perimeter of residential and commercial buildings. These same ingredients are safe and used for indoor areas including food preparation areas.
- Pyrethroids and pyrethrums are found in many household products like children’s head lice treatments, pet flea sprays, spray treatments for fruit and ornamental trees and used on most U.S. and imported fruit and produce in the agricultural industry.
- Target areas are: lawns, trees, shrubs, roses, flower beds and vegetable gardens, patios, decks, swimming pool perimeters, fences and walls.
- Fruit Trees, Herb Gardens, Flower Gardens and vegetable gardens will all benefit from the reduced insect population. You will have protection from squash vine borer, aphids and other yield reducing pests. No other insecticides will be needed.
- You should wash fruits, vegetables or herbs from your garden just like store purchased produce, prior to eating. If you would like for your vegetable and herb garden to not be treated, our technicians can cover the area before a treatment.
- Our treatment is highly toxic to fish and our technicians will cover ponds before an application.
- Our treatment is non-toxic to humans, pets, or birds and can be used in dog and children play areas, dog kennels, dog houses, horse barns and livestock areas. Also near birdbaths and bird feeders.
- Target pests are: mosquitoes, fleas and ticks.
- Our service will also kill: Gnats, Flies, Spiders, Gypsy Moth, Ants, Chiggers, American Cockroaches, Smoky Brown Cockroaches, Oriental Cockroaches, Box elder Bugs and Stink Bugs.
- Dried residues of our 21-day Barrier Spray is non-toxic and non-repellent to honey bees.
- Ticks are vectors of deadly diseases such as Rocky Mountain spotted fever and Lyme Disease.
- Heartworm is deadly to dogs and spread by mosquitoes.
- Mosquito Platoon is an automatic service, with PA Certified Pest Control Technicians making regular scheduled treatments to ensure the maximum protection for your family and pets.
Regularly scheduled 21-Day Barrier Spray treatments protect your family and pets from Mosquitoes, Fleas and Ticks in your own outdoor living area.
- Customers can go to our Contact Us Page and request an estimate or get pricing.
- Mosquito Platoon will contact you by email or phone to schedule your 21-Day Barrier spray Application. An email or phone call reminder can be requested prior to an application.
- Our Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plants and Industry, Certified Spray Technician will come to your location on the scheduled day (weather permitting).
- The Spray Technician will knock on your door as a courtesy to notify you of the application and make sure people and pets are removed from the area.
- The Spray Technician will inspect your property and may notify you of potential trouble spots where standing water will increase the breeding capacity of mosquitoes. In some instances Altosid insect growth regulator can be added to standing water that is not chlorinated, containing fish or not able to be tipped over. Altosid will prevent the mosquito larvae from changing into an adult mosquito. Link to Altosid: http://zoecon.com/familyofproducts.php?family=Altosid
- A 21-Day Barrier Spray application will be completed, usually in ½ hour or less.
- A courtesy notice of a completed spray application left at your front door.
- A Mosquito Platoon Service Representative may contact you to evaluate our service to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Mosquito Platoon Enviro-Spray 21-Day Barrier Spray. It is 100% Natural, 100% Organic.
Click here to learn more!
Dried residues of our 21-day Barrier Spray is non-toxic and non-repellent to honey bees.
The same product is used to control Varroa Mites and Beetles in honey bee colonies. Beekeepers hang treated cloth strips in the bee hives for the control of Mites and Beetles. Varroa destructor and Varroa jacobsoni are parasitic mites that feed on the bodily fluids of adult, pupal and larval bees. Varroa mites can be seen with the naked eye as a small red or brown spot on the bee's thorax. Varroa mites are carriers for a virus that is particularly damaging to the bees. Bees infected with this virus during their development will often have visibly deformed wings.
Varroa mites have led to the virtual elimination of feral bee colonies in many areas, and are a major problem for kept bees in apiaries. Varroa in combination with deformed wing virus and bacteria have been theoretically implicated in colony collapse disorder.
The 21-Day Barrier Spray and the Enviro-Spray will kill gnats. The effect is not immediate because there are gnat eggs in the mulch on your property and they hatch every 4 to 8 hours. Our Spray Treatment cannot penetrate 2 to 6 inches of mulch where the gnats are feeding on decomposed organic matter and roots. The gnats mate in a swarm after hatching and may not land on a treated area for hours and then they will be killed. The more gnats that land the less to lay eggs and reproduce. This process may take 1 to 2 weeks to be very effective. For special events, properties should have one spray two to three weeks before and one spray the day before to get the best chance of total elimination.